Category Archives: Uncategorized
I’ve just fallen in love with foam soap in my bathroom and I have an old Caress foam soap bottle.
I was pretty tired of paying CVS an arm and a leg for a refill on this soap and now that I have this video and of course I have Dr. Bronner’s soap in my house, I’m going to do this from now on.
I also added a little peppermint oil drops and it’s just heavenly.
Let me know if you’ve tried this as well or what do you use? Do you even like foam soap?
Comment below and lmk
Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association Early Conference Registration Ends in Just 3 days @bmbfa #detroit #mothers #motownmom
the Perfect Mother [video] #motownmom – we have to remember we aren’t perfect, but we can be so good we make it look easy
we have to remember we aren’t perfect, but we can be so good we make it look easy
I can say first hand I know how it feels to have emergencies. When I was a single parent, I constantly stay on alert.
I can say always have a plan for everything. Fire, Crime, Shortages (especially when you’re broke but even pandemics come to mind), we went through a power outage when the east coat went out, Car stolen and more!
Per the CDC you should have and I’ve put my thoughts in
- Paperwork – Collect and protect important documents and medical records https://www.cdc.gov/cpr/prepareyourhealth/Paperwork.htm
- Keep all this in a bag. When I had my fire, the fact that I could just grab a bag with all our important papers was a life saver. I didn’t have to think. I just knew grab the big black bag in an area I could easily get to.
- Personal Needs – Gather food, water, & medical supplies to last at least 72 hours
- For personal needs you need to make sure you have enough in your house for a month for each member
- One case (24 bottles) of water per person in the house and also put an extra at the bottom of a deep freezer or if you don’t have one a regular freezer.
- Check out our grocery list site to make sure your pantry is well stocked
- Prescriptions – Prepare your prescription medications for an emergency
- Stock your prescriptions for at least three months if you can. I get migraines and I make sure I have at least two to three months of Excedrin with Caffeine on hand.
- Power sources – Prepare for power outages with backup power sources
- Also think of power sources for CPap and any kind of breathing or other medical machines
- Gas or Propane should be stored safely and ALWAYS keep you vehicle over a half tank of gas
- Buy rechargeable power supplies and extra cords on hand.
- Practical Skills – Learn Life Saving skills, such as CPR, to use until help arrives.
- Try to learn a little gardening, home building skills, can food, fix cars, weapons handling and so forth as well.
Getting out of our busy mode and into our heart occasionally, I’m certain that many of us would find at least one moment during our day where we could pause, reflect on a situation, and see something that we can do to make a difference in someone else’s life.
The pace of life and work has increased a lot and I daresay we don’t give as much thought as we could to the circumstances of other people’s lives. Sometimes, we’re so caught up in our own struggle that we don’t think we can even afford the time to “give” our time, suggestions, talents, to others. And yet, if we do, we are rewarded.
We are often times, throughout our lives, able to experience richness, synchronicity, and reward through small acts of generosity. This isn’t even about money, although sometimes the rewards will impact our financial status as well. And yet, we fail too often when we are so self-absorbed or consumed by our own situation thinking we’d give up too much by helping.
So, this is just a gentle reminder for all of us to pay attention to at least one “little thing” that will make a difference for someone else. Try to make it for someone you don’t know well or don’t know at all; family and friends are too easy and natural.
Grocery List for the Busy Mom when you want to make sure you have enough food in the house #MotownMoxieMom
Never have the time to make that grocery list. Print out a couple of these and stick them on the refrigerator. This way the whole family can help keep track of everything that’s needed in the house and more.
DOWNLOAD YOUR GROCERY LIST NOW
Always check our site http://www.motownmommusings.com/grocerylist for updates
Prepper’s Guide to Food Storage – https://www.happypreppers.com/preppers-pantry.html
37 Foods to Hoard – Survival food storage you can get from the grocery store – https://www.happypreppers.com/37-food-storage.html
Home Stockpiling of Food and Essential Items – https://www.savethechildren.org/content/dam/usa/reports/health/home-stockpiling-guidance-2019.pdf
Someone asked me about this but I can’t remember who. And then this wandered in my YouTube feed. Had to share
Know anymore that’s not suggested in the video? Add to comments
Do you want to put a smile on someone’s face? Do something nice for another person just because?
Maybe make their day a little bit brighter?
It doesn’t have to take much time or money on your part. In fact, many things can be done as a part of your normal routine and cost little or nothing. You won’t know how many people are encouraged by your kindness because smiles are contagious.
Sometimes helping someone else smile can help you put on a better smile for yourself.
Try out one or more of these 7 ways today to put smiles on their faces.
1. Write an encouraging note to others that have encouraged you or that need encouragement. Handwritten notes that are given to encourage, not just for thanking someone for a gift, are rare. That makes handwritten notes even more special. Start a new practice of sitting down and writing an encouraging note on a regular basis. You just might start an epidemic!
Tip: Write with a blue pen. It’s a great mood enhancer for the person reading
2. Take a friend out to lunch or invite her to your home for a meal. You will get to know each other even better than you do right now. If you feel like being more adventurous, throw a party for several of your friends and put smiles on a multitude of faces.
Tip: Find a great indie film, invite friends over and watch and discuss it afterwards. Everyone BYOW (Bring your own wine). Tuck all the kids in the back and just enjoy spending the evening with friends.
3. Give someone an inspirational book to read. You will feel good doing it, reading the book will change the person, and they will think of you every time they read it.
4. Ask a friend or relative if you can take care of their kid(s) for a day or evening. If you have been a parent, you know the value of being able to have a few hours of “adult time” without worrying about the children. Don’t wait to be asked to baby-sit when it is required. Offer to do it at a time when the parent can do something fun and relaxing.
Tip: schedule a play date with a mom just because when you’re picking up the kids from school
5. Deliver a meal to someone you know that is sick or having a rough time. We have all been sick and know the last thing you want to do is be out of bed. There are also times when life is tough and it is hard to do all of the daily chores. You can be a tremendous help by providing a meal that can be enjoyed.
6. Volunteer time to supporting your local church or charity. Every minute you dedicate to a church or charity will cause many smiles. You will put a smile on the face of each leader just for helping without being asked. You will also be putting smiles on the faces of those that are being helped through the organization.
Tip: Bring the kids along so they can see acts of giving
7. Thank everyone that supports you throughout the day. The list of those that you come in contact with is endless. Remember family and friends, secretaries, co-workers, teachers, Sunday school teachers, pastors, store employees, janitors, gas station attendants, those that deliver your mail and newspaper, and servers at restaurants.
Tip: grab thank you card packets from the Dollar Store and just send off a postcard in the mail.
I know this is a list of 7 ways to put a smile on someone’s face, but there is one more way that can’t be ignored. Reveal a genuine smile to everyone you meet. You will experience how easy it is to get others to smile!