Wayne County doesn’t always enforce a law that forbids…
The post Owe taxes? That’s OK. Wayne County will still sell you foreclosed homes.appeared first on Detroit Journalism Cooperative.
Great Lakes Water Authority accepting enrollment for# Water Residential #Assistance Program (WRAP) – Metro #Detroit #MotownMom
Income-eligible Metro Detroit residents encouraged to apply for assistance
- Have income at or below the 150% federal poverty threshold;
- Be residential customers of the GLWA service area, with first priority to customers who have a past due bill and/or are in active shut off;
- Provide proof of residency or provide renter’s proof of responsibility for water on lease;
- Customers with water usage 20% or more above average must participate in a home water audit and install water conservation measures; and
- Stay current on monthly bill payment for 12 months.
- Payment assistance up to $1,000 per household per year — $25 per month towards a bill credit, and assistance with arrears;
- Home repairs up to $1,000 per household to fix plumbing issues causing high usage;
- Water saving kits and consumer training classes; and
- Supportive WRAP-around services, which include referrals to energy, food and clothing assistance program.
ABOUT THE GREAT LAKES WATER AUTHORITY (GLWA)
We will be having a Fashion & Natural Hair Showcase, Entertainment & more!
Please SHARE & INVITE others!! REGISTER NOW
The abstract art of head wrapping for beginners and those who want to either explore the idea of adorning their crowns, adding color or style, covering for health reasons, or just for a day hair won’t cooperate. This is for any female able to come and listen. In addition, the facilitator will be presenting some poetic pieces to inspire, empower, and motivate you as women of God. It will incorporate a Christian look at physical & emotional purity and the purpose of being a virtuous women. This will truly be an interactive bonding & growing experience with yourself and others unlike any other event you have attended.
We are including our young ladies also !!
Also, bring something to take notes, a variety of colors & styles of clean scarves, cotton t-shirts, satin bonnet, crochet cap, wig if needed or desired.
Any interested businesses, sponsors or women related vendors such as scarves, natural body products, etc. currently booking first come, first serve.
Contact: Natasha, Consulting by Anée
If you’d like to support this event you can copy and paste this into your social media now!
Come2 “BeYOUtiful: Head Wrapping, Purity, Purpose, Poetry, Prayer” http://beyoutifulexpo1.eventbrite.com/?aff=estw&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=discovery&utm_content=attendeeshare&utm_campaign=social&utm_term=listing @msbeautifulanee #motownmom 9/19th Metro #Detroit
Sistah’s Braid Too! presents:
Braider’s Most Wanted
Hair Braiding & Natural Hair Show
“Better Care, Better Hair”
Sunday, October 4, 2015
6 PM – 10 PM
Northwest Activities Center
Detroit, MI 48235
Our goal with Braider’s Most Wanted Hair Braiding & Natural Hair Show is to inspire local women and men who live in our communities to become entrepreneurs in this industry. It is our hope that in the years to follow, that hair braiding and natural hair care salons will become representative of the people who live in the community.
If you have questions, contact Mz. Crystal at (248) 372-1738.
For vendor and sponsor opportunities, please call Jamar at (601) 870-2744.
WIN Network: Detroit wants to celebrate you! Join us this summer for the Real Moms of Detroit Expo!
Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Real Moms of Detroit, check out what we have in store for you at the Expos:
- Vendors with local resources in your neighborhood
- Beauty pampering and massages
- A cooking demonstration
- Special session for men
- Games and crafts for kids
Bring the whole family! It’s the summer event that everyone will be talking about!
Rosedale Park Baptist Church
14179 Evergreen Rd
Detroit, MI 48223
Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Please register by clicking here and share this post with other metro Detroit moms!
This Resource Guide is for Oakland & Wayne County
Not for Purchase- For SHARING only.
GET YOUR COPY!!!