Category Archives: Resource
We Are Being Told To Prepare For High Prices At Grocery And It’s Likely Food Shortages Only Get Worse | #BusyMom Grocery List #motownmom
Being prepared is not becoming a prepper, but rather an urban homestead.
Make sure your household has at least three month of food and sundry supplies at all times. Also use list and have a way others in the house hold can let you know when things are running low. Make all people in the household responsible for the household.
I keep a board or we use Alexa to keep track of items we need in the house.
Here’s a list of Grocery Lists for the busy household you can use to print out and help you determine what you need
Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association Early Conference Registration Ends in Just 3 days @bmbfa #detroit #mothers #motownmom
I can say first hand I know how it feels to have emergencies. When I was a single parent, I constantly stay on alert.
I can say always have a plan for everything. Fire, Crime, Shortages (especially when you’re broke but even pandemics come to mind), we went through a power outage when the east coat went out, Car stolen and more!
Per the CDC you should have and I’ve put my thoughts in
- Paperwork – Collect and protect important documents and medical records https://www.cdc.gov/cpr/prepareyourhealth/Paperwork.htm
- Keep all this in a bag. When I had my fire, the fact that I could just grab a bag with all our important papers was a life saver. I didn’t have to think. I just knew grab the big black bag in an area I could easily get to.
- Personal Needs – Gather food, water, & medical supplies to last at least 72 hours
- For personal needs you need to make sure you have enough in your house for a month for each member
- One case (24 bottles) of water per person in the house and also put an extra at the bottom of a deep freezer or if you don’t have one a regular freezer.
- Check out our grocery list site to make sure your pantry is well stocked
- Prescriptions – Prepare your prescription medications for an emergency
- Stock your prescriptions for at least three months if you can. I get migraines and I make sure I have at least two to three months of Excedrin with Caffeine on hand.
- Power sources – Prepare for power outages with backup power sources
- Also think of power sources for CPap and any kind of breathing or other medical machines
- Gas or Propane should be stored safely and ALWAYS keep you vehicle over a half tank of gas
- Buy rechargeable power supplies and extra cords on hand.
- Practical Skills – Learn Life Saving skills, such as CPR, to use until help arrives.
- Try to learn a little gardening, home building skills, can food, fix cars, weapons handling and so forth as well.
Startup Boost Pre-Accelerator Opens via @BambooDetroit #motownmom #detroit #mompreneurship #preaccelerator #techstartup
Techstars Startup Boost global pre-accelerator program is back again this Fall at Bamboo. If you are an early-stage technology company this program might be for you. Pre-accelerators help you get to polish that pitch and model in order to land sales, investment rounds, or get into that top accelerator. Past grads have gotten accepted into Techstars, raised millions in seed funding, and pitched on Shark Tank.
I tried a couple of these ,but I was so mad watching this video wishing this had been around when I was a young mother and wanting to do something nice for my kids. or needing simple things around the house
So I share this now to help you.
P.A.C.E. #Detroit Center is designed to empower youth, parents and adults towards pathways of educational and career paths. #Free #AllAges #motownmom
College and Career Summer Center is open…come in to get support with enrolling in a college or a career…text Detroit to 484848 or call (313) 309-8100 for more information! Please share this with your networks!