7 Unique Ways To Make Someone Smile (Random Acts of Kindness Day) #motownmom #selfcare
Do you want to put a smile on someone’s face? Do something nice for another person just because?
Maybe make their day a little bit brighter?
It doesn’t have to take much time or money on your part. In fact, many things can be done as a part of your normal routine and cost little or nothing. You won’t know how many people are encouraged by your kindness because smiles are contagious.
Sometimes helping someone else smile can help you put on a better smile for yourself.
Try out one or more of these 7 ways today to put smiles on their faces.
1. Write an encouraging note to others that have encouraged you or that need encouragement. Handwritten notes that are given to encourage, not just for thanking someone for a gift, are rare. That makes handwritten notes even more special. Start a new practice of sitting down and writing an encouraging note on a regular basis. You just might start an epidemic!
Tip: Write with a blue pen. It’s a great mood enhancer for the person reading
2. Take a friend out to lunch or invite her to your home for a meal. You will get to know each other even better than you do right now. If you feel like being more adventurous, throw a party for several of your friends and put smiles on a multitude of faces.
Tip: Find a great indie film, invite friends over and watch and discuss it afterwards. Everyone BYOW (Bring your own wine). Tuck all the kids in the back and just enjoy spending the evening with friends.
3. Give someone an inspirational book to read. You will feel good doing it, reading the book will change the person, and they will think of you every time they read it.
4. Ask a friend or relative if you can take care of their kid(s) for a day or evening. If you have been a parent, you know the value of being able to have a few hours of “adult time” without worrying about the children. Don’t wait to be asked to baby-sit when it is required. Offer to do it at a time when the parent can do something fun and relaxing.
Tip: schedule a play date with a mom just because when you’re picking up the kids from school
5. Deliver a meal to someone you know that is sick or having a rough time. We have all been sick and know the last thing you want to do is be out of bed. There are also times when life is tough and it is hard to do all of the daily chores. You can be a tremendous help by providing a meal that can be enjoyed.
6. Volunteer time to supporting your local church or charity. Every minute you dedicate to a church or charity will cause many smiles. You will put a smile on the face of each leader just for helping without being asked. You will also be putting smiles on the faces of those that are being helped through the organization.
Tip: Bring the kids along so they can see acts of giving
7. Thank everyone that supports you throughout the day. The list of those that you come in contact with is endless. Remember family and friends, secretaries, co-workers, teachers, Sunday school teachers, pastors, store employees, janitors, gas station attendants, those that deliver your mail and newspaper, and servers at restaurants.
Tip: grab thank you card packets from the Dollar Store and just send off a postcard in the mail.
I know this is a list of 7 ways to put a smile on someone’s face, but there is one more way that can’t be ignored. Reveal a genuine smile to everyone you meet. You will experience how easy it is to get others to smile!